Wednesday, April 21, 2010

‘more things like this’ please

Terence gave me this beautiful book called ‘More Things Like This’ for my birthday. It’s described as ‘289 drawings with funny words also on the same drawing’ and it’s published by McSweeney’s who publish many other nice things. It features art by people like Robert Crumb, David Shrigley, Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Ralph Steadman and more illustrators, cartoonists and writers. It’s full of amazing drawings which make me laugh and inspire me to draw again. Here are a few of my favourites:


























‘This workshop is highly regarded as an excellent workshop’ Chris Johanson
‘This conceptual art is about the fascism of capitalism’ Chris Johanson
‘Was she pretty?’ Leanne Shapton
‘Carol’ Maira Kalman
‘Untitled’ David Shrigley (reads: Upon my return from exile I enter the town riding a giant goose. The goose will peck the fuck out of any protestors)
‘Poster making’ Royal Art Lodge
‘Hey Ladies’ Tucker Nichols
‘I Have Nothing Good To Say About This Bastard’ Dave Eggers
‘Untitled’ (Mustard is a fool’s condiment) David Mamet
‘Davey Crockett’ (has lost his fucking mind) John Lurie

You can order this one and many other nice books from Pulp Books.

No comments: