Tuesday, March 16, 2010

funny dad

I love visiting Sweet Juniper. Jim usually makes me laugh with hilarious stories about his family. This is one of my favourites:

A brief rant about my tone deaf family

Posted by jdg | Tuesday, February 02, 2010


My son has started singing
and he's just awful at it. Lately I've been trying to teach him to sing "Happy Birthday" for his sister's annual "one-year-older-but-not-much-taller" jubilee. He learned the words quick enough, but there's something about the way he sings them that makes the simple tune sound like an Estonian funerary dirge performed by an in-bred goatherd into the merciless winds of the Baltic Sea. I just look at him and think, Damn, son, you're never going to sing in a rock band. Maybe you could play bass, or become a white rapper named Tône Dëf who gets mocked in the early stages of American Idol, Season 23, but if you ever have any hope of scoring chicks you'd better be athletic.

No comments: