Sunday, January 17, 2010

kusturica

I'm not very patriotic but Emir Kusturica makes me proud. I've been hearing so much about his movie festival called Kustendorf which is held in Drvengrad up in the Zlatibor mountains in Serbia. Some of his guests include Jim Jarmusch and Johnny Depp. The festival might be one of those things I dream of going to someday, but for now I've got my mind set on Drvengrad (Wooden Town) where the event is held. It was built as a set for one of Kusturica's movies and has been revived as an art center where all sorts of creative things happen. It's also where Emir lives. All the buildings in the village are made mostly of wood and the location is pretty spectacular. That's where I'm going next.









Some of Kusturica's movies: Time of the Gypsies, Arizona Dream, Underground, Black Cat, White Cat, Life is a Miracle. Official site

All pictures from Mecavnik.com

No comments: